Monday, August 1, 2022

Sesame Ginger Grain Bowls

 

Hi! Yes, I know it's been a few months. I've just been enjoying summer and all that comes with it (which has included a few vacations!). I haven't slacked on meal prep when home though; I just haven't gotten as creative with new recipes.  I wanted to start the month with a gut-friendly recipe (with a lot of veggies and whole gluten-free grains) and THIS hit the spot!  If I used a veggie you don't like, simply sub your favorite.

Sesame Ginger Grain Bowls

Ingredients: (per serving)

-1/2 cup cooked quinoa

-2 cups roasted veggies (I used broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)

-1/2 cup sautéed mushrooms and onions (you could roast these as well, but they don't take as long as the other veggies)

Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette:

-1 inch knob of fresh ginger, minced (approx 1 T)

-1 T toasted sesame seeds

-3 T soy sauce/tamari/coconut aminos

-2 T rice vinegar

-1 T avocado, canola or neutral-tasting oil

-1 T pure maple syrup or honey

-1 T sesame oil

Combine all dressing ingredients and store in jar/bottle. Top your grain bowls with 1-2 T of dressing just before serving.  I used divided glass containers to store my food, but these would probably store great in a mason jar with the dressing on bottom, followed by veggies and quinoa on top. Just shake and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Italian White Bean Soup